“We feel Sturtevant is the optimal location for us to better service our customers and increase our operational efficiencies while reducing our costs and emissions. We look forward to growing together with this great community,” said Sean Griffin, UNFI’s Group President.
Highlights of the sustainable design elements include:
- No potable water use for irrigation
- Water use reduction of 40% compared to typical comparable building
- Energy use reduction of 24% compared to typical comparable building
- 75% of construction waste diverted from landfill
- Building materials contain 20% recycled content
- 20% of building materials from regional sources
The facility is located at 3138 Highway H in Sturtevant, Wisconsin.