Welcome to a Different Type of Company
UNFI is the leading independent distributor of natural, organic, specialty foods and related products in North America. We supply customers all over the globe with over 65,000 different products ranging from apples to yoga mats. We strive to be the employer of choice for our over 6,900 associates across the USA and Canada.
A Company That Cares
- UNFI was named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE Magazine in 2012 and 2009
- UNFI was named by Forbes Magazine as "One of America's Best Big Companies" in 2006, and "One of America's Best Managed Companies" in 2005
- Out of 1,100 U.S. public companies, UNFI was named 50th Best Corporate Citizen in 2006 according to Business Ethics Magazine
- UNFI makes giving back to the globe locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally a top priority
Commitment to Sustainability
We have a long-standing commitment to environmental sustainability and stewardship of the land with our Green Initiatives. As a member of the US Green Building Council (USGBC), we are transforming the way our buildings are designed, built and operated, enabling an environmentally and socially responsible, healthy and prosperous environment that improves the quality of life.
We accomplish this by:
- Incorporating the use of solar power in select facilities
- Reducing the amount of our waste going into landfills by recycling cardboard and shrinkwrap, composting and making food bank donations
- Strategically choosing locations for our new facilities to eliminate thousands of miles from our delivery routes and reducing our annual fuel consumption
- Producing publications printed on 100% recycled paper with soy-based inks